Bill Baxter, founder of Inca Digital, shared this list with us at a recent Fujifilm Tech Summit. We at Fujifilm couldn’t agree more with Mr. Baxter’s comments:
- Throw away the brochure you are given. Ask for a demo.
- Send your files and your substrates to the Demo Site. Bring a stopwatch and a few extra files that you “forgot” to send so you can experience the RIP process.
- Print your files at three different speeds (and hence three different print qualities). Time every print, including load/unload, and write on the back of the print.
- Have a look inside the press and check out the build quality.
- Find out who will provide local tech support for you and invite them over for a chat. Ask them about common failure modes.
- Ask for references. Don’t bother ringing these chaps. Ask for more, and ring them instead.
- Now you can start comparing contracts and negotiate.